Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Latest Meme

You are all having so much fun doing the latest meme that I just had to try it. Here goes:

1. Take a look at the walls of your home, which picture or object is your favourite?

We have a collection of framed photos of fungi growing on the forest floor. Ron took the pictures when we went to a woodland searching for lady slipper orchids.

2. What is your favourite perfume?

My current favourite is Tabu, and I like it when Ron wears Pierre Cardin.



3. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Have you ever hidden new shoes from your spouse?

I have 15 pairs (I just counted them) plus four pairs of winter boots. I mainly wear my Blundstone boots or sports shoes for everyday wear, and have a few pairs of dress shoes that rarely get worn. Ron doesn't care about shoes, and neither do I, so I don't have to hide them.

4. Snacks - sweet or salty? If you could have a no calorie snack what would it be?

I prefer salty snacks. Corn chips of any kind are my favourite. For a sweet snack I love English toffees. At Christmas we indulge in Bailey's Irish Cream chocolates.

  
5. What are your favourite cut flowers?

I love peonies. The fragrance reminds me of the garden of my childhood where my grandmother grew a variety of plants in many different colours.


6. Without using a real name, describe one person in your life with whom you have trouble being patient?

A close female relative. Just hearing her voice makes me annoyed and tense.

7. What food do you love that your spouse hates and vice versa?

I enjoy smoked salmon and Ron doesn't, so I have it when I am alone at lunchtime. I hate cilantro, so we never use it in cooking, and I don't even think Ron knows what it tastes like. He enjoys horseradish with beef, but I avoid it.

8. What is the song you associate with meeting your honey?

No particular song, but we both love Stan Rogers, so I often think of going to concerts with Ron when I hear one of Stan's songs.

9. Do you have a favourite movie that you watch every few months or once a year?


We watch Prancer every year at Christmas.


10. What collection(s) do you have and how did they start?

We buy red and white wine in 4 litre boxes, and currently I am collecting the spigots from the plastic bags that the wine comes in, inside the boxes. I don't know what I will do with them; maybe make a wreath.

11. Where would you like to go on your next holiday? Is there somewhere else on your bucket list?

Anywhere would be fine with me!



12. If you could buy clothes at one store where would it be?

I wish I could still shop at Liz Claiborne, but unfortunately that brand has been absorbed into another company and no longer has standalone stores. I do most of my shopping at Mark's.

13.What gifts from your spouse have you most appreciated?

Jewellery, flowers, cosmetics and other girly things.

14.Name one item of your spouse's clothing you would like to get rid of.

He has a t-shirt that is ridiculously small. We each received one last Christmas, in size x-small which neither of us can wear. I passed mine along to a thrift shop immediately, but Ron insists on keeping his, and says he can fit into it. Yeah, right!



15. What is the submissive action or inaction that you are most proud of?

I can't think of one in particular. Every day is an exercise in submission.


Please feel free to try the meme on your blog.

From Hermione's Heart

13 comments:

abby said...

Your list of snack are my top three also....Love reading these.
hugs abby

Roz said...

This is such a great meme and I enjoyed reading your answers Hermoine. Horseradish on beef....yum :)

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

abby - Ah! A girl after my own heart.

Roz - I find horseradish a bit strong, but it's not so bad after it's been in the fridge for a few months and lost most of the tang.

Hugs,
Hermione

sub hub in phx said...

Thanks Hermione .... Here's why I loved this; You answered the questions. So many of these have answer that are long winded versions of why they can't or shouldn't have to answer the questions.

Muah!

Have a great week.

Aimless Rambling said...

Loved reading the answers. I wore Tabu a time or two, it was a little strong on me according to Ray. Liz Claiborne clothes always seemed to tweak me too, not so much now they been absorbed by JC Penney - they've lost something.

ronnie said...

Hermione,

Loved reading your answers.

I don't like smoked salmon or horseradish:)

Gosh I'd forgotten about Liz Claiborne, had a couple of handbags.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

an English Rose said...

Hi Hermione, nice answers, enjoyed finding out about you
love Jan,xx

ricky said...

Burp!
Oh, excuse me, Hermione.
You got me so excited with all your tasty recommendations,
I had to go out and try them all.
But, as I should have known, not all at once.

May I ask a question?
Is it possible, to bring cut outdoor grown Peonies, indoors, without all the ants?
I understand their collective endeavours allow those flowers to bloom.

Thank you for sharing,

-ricky

Minielle Labraun said...

Oh wow I love Peonies! We had them in our garden growing up! Hate the ants though!
I loved reading your answers!
Now I'm hungry!

sixofthebesdt said...

Hermione, you might think I am a NUT, but since I have been to 150 different countries of this wonderful world of ours. I would LOVE to go to the MOON, even thou I am at the RIPE YOUNG AGE of 82, Although I must admit, I do love to see naughty women's bare 'MOONS' (bottoms), so to speak.

stay at home mom said...

Hi Hermione, I enjoyed your answers, the smell of peonies is awesome, and anything food related goes with me at the moment. :) Not Bailey’s, though, because of the alcohol. I loved learning about you, thank you for sharing.

hugs

Nina

Hermione said...

sub hub - Thank you. I think if you really can't answer the question, just remove it from the meme.

Leigh - I can still buy them at Hudson Bay, but there is a limited selection. I used to have two floors of clothes to choose from.

Ronnie - I've had a handbag or two as well, over the years. Jeans were the last item I bought.

Jan - Thank you!

ricky - I am SO glad you asked that question, because there is a way. You wait until the flower bud shows some colour, but is still tightly closed. Cut the stem and remove any ants your see, put in a vase of water, and the flowers will slowly open, without ants! They last quite a long time too.

Minelle - They are such an old-fashioned flower. The new varieties have no scent, but they don't flop over.

Six - I hope you make it to the moon!

Nina - It was my pleasure.

Hugs,
Hermione

Cat said...

Loved reading your answers Hermione...I love cilantro and smoked salmon. I love peonies...they remind me of my grandmother. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs and blessings...Cat