Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Moon Me

The largest supermarkets in our city have an assortment of products from all over the world to suit the needs of our diverse ethnic population. Last month I saw a mouth-watering variety of moon cakes on display. None, however, looked like this:



In Singapore, they serve a "T-back" mooncake, made for a mid-autumn festival. In Cantonese, the 15th day of the eighth lunar month is a colloquial euphemism for buttocks. The mooncakes are inspired by the Chinese phrase “ba yue shi wu” which means August 15, but  also means “buttocks” in Cantonese.

For the full scoop on mooncakes, and lots of great pictures, go to http://myitchyfingers.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/butts-of-desire/


Thank you, Tommy, for sharing this with us.

From Hermione's Heart

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of moon cakes, I'll have to look into it.
archedone

Anonymous said...

Nice

Roz said...

Love these! LoL. I haven't heard of moon cakes either.

Thanks Hermione :)

Hugs,
Roz

Daisy Christian said...

Love the hand over the butt too cute :)

DelFonte said...

Cute and yummy looking :)

Katie said...

Lol Hermione, :). Thanks for the moon cake smiles! I came across these in my teen years, many moons (sorry, just had to do it) ago! Now I see them in a new light! Lol! Many hugs,

<3 Katie

Anonymous said...

Ha! Too funny!

ronnie said...

Hermione,

I have read recently about these. The hand over bottom ones makes me smile.

Love,
Ronnie
xx


ricky said...

That's so exotic and erotic.
Have you ever been to China or the
far east?
I'd love to go there.

Hermione said...

Arched one - You'll love them for breakfast.

Joey - Thank you.

Roz - I hadn't heard of them until this year.

Daisy - Isn't it though!

DelFonte - I'm sure they are delicious.

Katie - Groan!

Grace - Glad you liked it.

Ronnie - I have seen them mentioned in a few online locations as well as in our daily newspaper.

Ricky - No, I've never been farther east than Prince Edward Island.

Hugs,
Hermione

sixofthebest said...

Hermione, in my travels around the world, I had the good fortune cookie to visit this vast and beautiful country called China. Saw the Forbidden Palace, Walked it famous Wall. Won a game of Ping Pong, which caused PANDAmoniam, and ate sumptuous mooncakes, that were 'out of this world', so to speak, etc.

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

Loved the Moon Cakes and could not help to think that that would be a great name and theme for a spanking party.

Prefectdt

Erica said...

Too funny! And too pretty to eat!

Hermione said...

Six - What a well-travelled gentleman you are.

Prefectdt - Brilliant idea!

Erica - I think I would varnish one and save it.

Hugs,
Hermione

Lea said...

Very cool! I wonder how difficult that would be to make.