Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bum Attack




In the evening our usual routine is for people and dogs to gather together in the family room to watch a DVD or a favourite television program that I have recorded. Fluffy takes up his usual position in one of the cozy beds in front of the fireplace, even when it's hot and the fire isn't on. Fang prefers to join us on the couch, and his preferred spot is right between us.

Last night we were relaxing as usual, and I happened to get up to change the DVD. Fang watched me carefully. When I returned and was about to to sit down, he leaped up and threw himself into Ron's lap with a terrified expression on his face.

"He doesn't want you to sit on him again," Ron thought that was the reason for the little dog's panic. "He does that every time you sit down."

"I have never sat on him," I replied indignantly.

"Well, there was some reason for that. He never does it when I sit down," Ron said smugly.

"That's because your bum isn't as big as mine," I admitted.

"No, I suppose not." Wait a minute, he was supposed to disagree! "You've put the fear of bum into him."

Poor dog. Afraid of bums. He'll need therapy now.

From Hermione's Heart

12 comments:

Roz said...

A dog with a bum phobia? LoL. This was funny, thanks for the giggle Hermione.

That was very brave of Ron to agree with you!

Hugs,
Roz

garyntboy said...

Dogs can hear very high pitched noises as you know.....perhaps you emitted such a noise as you bent to sit down....Do you have a high pitched bum ?????
Cheeky regards,
Gary.

Anonymous said...

I guess the only thing I have to say about that is, wow, what a bummer!

Aimless Rambling said...

Doesn't he realize he is supposed to disagree with any negative comments you might make about yourself.

I think he needs to be schooled. Don't you?

Hermione said...

Roz - You never know what might upset a sensitive canine.

Gary - No, I think it's rather low-pitched.

Rollin - I agree!

Sunny - Yes, he needs some lessons in female handling 101.

Hugs,
Hermione

Michael M said...

I am sure your hubbie was being very rude and that you have a very nice biteable bum.

ashebridge said...

LOL My dog dives under my butt as I go to sit. "Ooh that must be a good spot!" I gave up on moving him, now I just squish him. Does he learn his lesson? Nope, jumps right back in next time!

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

Could be fear of the unknown. Dogs don't really have bums of their own and therefore cannot be aware of the danger that they may pose :)

Prefectdt

SerenitySpanked said...

Maybe your dog is trying to save you from going over Ron's lap for a spanking.

A. Lurker said...

Bummer! ;-)
R.

Daisy Christian said...

That's funny..men are damned if they do and damned if they don't

Hermione said...

Michael - Biteable? Umm, don't know, and would prefer that Fang doesn't get any ideas.

Chickadee - Oh! Poor squished dog :(

Prefectdt - He probably views it as a giant asteroid.

Serenity - Right, by taking over the lap for himself. Good doggie!

A. Lurker - Too right!

Daisy - They never get it right, do they?

Hugs,
Hermione