Thursday, December 20, 2012

They don't make hairbrushes like they used to

Wow! We had quite an adventure last weekend. Ron broke a hairbrush on my backside.



I first told you about our lovely square hairbrush here over a year ago. Since then, it's been one of my favourite implements. Not only does the flat wooden surface cover a large area at one time, but the bristle side feels so nice when it comes in contact with my bottom. When I am spanked with the stiff, pointy bristles, the brush makes a dull, muffled thud instead of a loud, sharp crack. Each hard, nylon bristle has a tiny round knob on the tip that feels quite nice upon impact. It feels even nicer when the bristles are gently rubbed across my reddened cheeks in between whacks.

What happened? We really don't know. One minute Ron was happily swatting away, and the next minute there was an unexpected pause in the action.

"What's going on," I asked, annoyed at the interruption but also a little anxious. Was Ron planning a secret attack?

"Look," he replied, and as I stood up he held out the brush for me to see. "It's broken."

"How did that happen? I didn't think you were spanking me that hard."

"I don't know, it just snapped. It isn't safe to use right now; I'll try to fix it later." With that, Ron put the brush on the dresser and ordered me to select a replacement from the toybox. I grabbed the first implement that came to hand.



Bad choice. The angled bath brush is a whole lot sturdier than the hairbrush, and it was all "ouch" and no "mmm" from then on.

Ron was as good as his word, and later that day went about repairing the hairbrush, gluing it together then fastening the broken pieces together with two plastic cable ties (like the ones used in 50 Shades of Grey, but not recommended as restraints) until the glue had dried.My favourite hairbrush should be ready for action by the weekend.

From Hermione's Heart

18 comments:

MrBBSpanker said...

I have owned and often used a solid crooked handled wooden "hairbrush" for several years. It looks a lot like the 2nd picture in this post.
When held with a firm grip and applied firmly it becomes more "thuddy, when more loosely gripped and lightly applied it is more of a "stingy" implement.
Fun post, I hope the fix-it job holds! It sounds like you really both liked that particular implement :)
MrBB

Roz said...

Ooh the bath brush looks ouchy!

Hope the repair on the hairbrush works and it is back in action soon :)

Hugs
Roz

PK said...

I hope your favorite will be good as new soon - I have one like the second. It is not fun at all! Although it makes a good back scratcher.

Hugs,
PK

ronnie said...

Ouch on the bath brush.

Maybe a last minute gift for Ron - a new hairbrush.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

I do not like hair brushes, too thuddy for me. And, a bath brush, I think I would hate it more.

You are a brave lady.

Hug,
joey

Hermione said...

MrBB - Obviously Ron held ours with the firm grip you mention, because it was awfully thuddy!

Roz - SO do I. The glue seems to be holding.

PK - Back scratcher? We have one of those too. Thanks for reminding me.

Ronnie - Ouch indeed! That's a good idea; I'll try to pop in to the drugstore and see what the latest style is.

Joey - Brave or stupid - take your pick:)

Hugs,
Hermione

elle :) said...

Very ouchy! I'm probably picking up a wooden hairbrush this weekend. =\ I'm hoping it holds up a little better than yours, lol. But my husband would probably fix it, too.

Aimless Rambling said...

What a guy. Hope the "fix" sticks. I think I would find a way to "break" the angled brush - just saying.

Anonymous said...

I thought ouch was good.... mmmm says Ron is being too gentle... Hope Santa brings you a new hairbrush for Christmas..
Merry Christmas
Red

Michael M said...

Shame about the broken one but the replacement looks a lot more suitable for a hard spanking.

abby said...

I like the looks of your favorite one...maybe Santa will have a surprised for you. We also have one of the other....not on my favorites list!
hugs abby

Hermione said...

elle - Good luck with your choice.

Sunnygirl - I strongly doubt the angled ones break. Too solid!

Red - I hope so too, but i might have to help him a little in his choice.

Michael - Maybe a little too suitable.

Abby - I can only hope.

Hugs,
Hermione

Erica said...

I've broken several hairbrushes, but never liked any of them well enough to attempt repairing them. Hope the fix works!

Minielle Labraun said...

I hope that the glue holds, that bath brush looks intense!
Fun!

Unknown said...

We have yet to break anything (I think... actually I MAY have broken one, but not while it was in use ;-)) here in our consensual loving marriage.

But in my childhood...well... ;-) I don't think there was an item NOT broken on my backside. My Man says it is made of leather ;-)

We do not have a hairbrush of any regular sort. I won't say he hasn't grabbed whatever was handy, but as far as intentional we dont :)

Hermione said...

Erica - I have to confess I thought of you at the moment it happened.

Minelle - We'll test the repair tomorrow.

Young Lady - A leather backside - supple yet durable. Good for you!

Hugs,
Hermione

Ami Starsong said...

Are you telling me a hairbrush is a requirement of the 'toy box'? I don't own one although I can see the advantages. But not on the bristle side Hermione, what if they go in? You'd have a hairbrush attached to your derriere!!

Hugs, Ami

Lea said...

Well if it's been used regularly for a year, I guess it did pretty well. I've had plastic ones break on me pretty easily. Those are no good for spanking purposes.