Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Grand Ole Spanking


Music was playing in the kitchen one evening as we worked side by side preparing dinner. I noticed that the songs - by one of our favourite Canadian folksingers - were ones I'd heard only the night before; Ron hadn't changed the CDs in the player for quite a while. I remarked to him that we were hearing the same songs for the third time.

Big mistake! He wasn't in the mood for any sort of criticism and took my innocent remark to heart. After a sharp retort, he disappeared and returned a few minutes later with a fresh batch of music. Once the CDs was loaded and the first one began to play, I bitterly regretted having complained about the previous repetition. I am not a big fan of country music, and on knows it. But he had unearthed the works of some very old country stars, and we were listening to it.

"Who is that? It sounds like someone from the Grand Old Opry."

"You're right," Ron replied. "Hank Williams was one of the inventers of modern country music. That'll serve you right for complaining about my choice of music."

"So you're punishing me?"

"Sure am."

"Why don't you spank me if you want to punish me?"

"Oh, no, you'd enjoy that. Spanking's a reward for you."

True. I couldn't help but listen to the music, because I still had to take care of dinner. After a while, I started to hum along with Hank; he was singing something old but familiar. Ron surprised me when he said, "This music isn't so bad after all.

It's turning out to be a pretty ineffective punishment for you."

"That's right. You should have spanked me instead."

Some men never learn.




From Hermione's Heart

14 comments:

PK said...

I'd have to agree with you on that!

PK

Fabsterrant said...

What to do when the cat is out of the bag? I'm sure you'll think of something,lol. Can't wait to hear the diabolical plan. Hope you'll allow us, your loyal readers, in on the results. It is Sunday afterall. Clockwork is contagious in its routine structure of behavior and we men fall right into auto mode at the sight of frilly lacey things.

Katia said...

That was a funny story Hermione! I am also not a huge fan of country music, and always rib Luke when it's on. So before he left he programmed all the channels in my car to country. Brat!

Katia

Sara said...

Any man who would make you listen to Hank Williams as punishment...I am thinking THAT is a true sadist!

Lil Sam said...

Hermione, that was good story, you are right though,some men never do learn. well tis off to work for me and them meet my sailor at 1pm. will be home for a day and a 1/2
better than not.Hugs to all Lil Sam

Hermione said...

PK - But we won't tell them, will we?

Fab - Spanking is not a punishment at our house, so that's the end of this adventure. Our routine continues, however.

Katia - You're so right - what a brat Luke is!

Sara - I think you're right. All he needs now is a flogger!

Lil Sam - How exciting! I'll be thinking of you two. Have fun!

Hugs,
Hermione

B. Iddy said...

Was it Gordon Lightfoot? He's a staple here.

I'd take a spanking over Hank Williams any day!

Anonymous said...

lol, Hank Williams. My father's side of the family is from the South, and BOY do they love him. Having grown up with old Hank, listening to him really can be quite a punishment. But I'm with Biddable - gimme a spanking over him any day!

<3
Maggie

Hermione said...

Biddable - Here too, but the singer at the time happened to be Stan Rogers, a wonderful musician who died in a plane crash in 1982.

Maggie - I'm with the two of you on that one!

ronnie said...

LOL, good one Hermione. Your so right but we wont ever tell them.

Listening to country music would have been punishment for me.

Have a good week.

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Ronnie - It's not my cup of tea either!
I'll have a good week if you will!

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Bongo! The reason for some form of disciplinary spanking. Maybe with your least favorite, or having you stand in the corner after being spanked, with a red bottom on display.... Let your imagination roam...
Just a thought! Why was it Ron''s job to change the music, if you both were preparing dinner?
Red

daisy said...

i love old country music - Hank especially. Of course, i'm a born and bred Texan, so that might have something to do with it. lol

If Jake wanted to punish me with music, he would have to play rap, or worse, 80's pop. But he couldn't do that because he doesn't own any of that stuff. So, i guess i'll just have to settle for spankings.

Hermione said...

Red - I'd be in really big trouble if I touched the CDs or the sound equipment. That's Ron's territory.

Domesticdaisy - We'd both consider rap to be cruel and unusual punishment too, but we don't have any of it in the house.