Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blackout



We have had some bad winter weather recently, and that include a power outage a few days ago.

The actual blackouts happened at night and were intermittent, so the power went off then came back on several times during the night. You'd think it wouldn't matter whether the power was on or off since it was dark and we were all asleep, right? Wrong. The carbon monoxide detector let out an unearthly wail each time its source of electricity stopped and started, and that woke us up. Fluffy had a panic attack from the noise, and Fang decided that since he was awake, he needed to go out for a potty break.

Ron tried to find the flashlight, and opened the drawer of his bedside table - the same drawer that holds many of our spanking implements. I heard him rummaging among them, cursing them and getting more irate by the second. Finally he gave up and slammed the drawer shut. I was secretly relieved: he seemed ready to use one of the paddles on the nearest bottom!

I managed to find my way to the door and slip out with the full dog while leaving the hysterical one behind. Once in the kitchen, the moonlight streaming through the window gave me enough light to find another flashlight as I let Fang out and waited for him to finish.

When we both got back to the bedroom I was met with a small bright light shining straight into my eyes. Ron had found the flashlight after all. I smiled as I imagined him methodically lifting the implements out one by one until he had a bouquet of them in one hand and the flashlight was the only thing left in the drawer. I didn't let him know I thought the situation was funny; he was entirely too close to all those implements. But the next morning we had a good laugh about it.



From Hermione's Heart

14 comments:

Paul said...

Hermione, I'm glad that the power outrage didn't lead to Ron expressing his outrage on your backside, nothing you have written would suggest that he would do such a thing.
This image sticks, Hermione's bottom glowing so bright, who needs a torch, shush, don't let Ron read this.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Oh Hermione,

Too funny, why is it that when they struggle, we think it's funny? I have the worst case of giggles whenever it happens, but b/c of all the implements... you have a great sense of self preservation! Which, let's face it, our definition is not quite that of a non spanko!

I'm glad I've had the time to read your blog today! KayLynn

Janet said...

Isn't it funny how just the thought of the implements near by make us reconsider our actions.
So many things would be said or laughed at if that were not the case...darn those implements. LOL

By the way I love the little eyes in the picture. Kind of reminds me of someone I know when told to get OTK!!!

Hermione said...

Paul - That's such a funny image, but a glowing backside would be such an energy-efficient way of lighting a room.

FunKayLynn - That's the way we women think, I guess.
I'm glad you dropped by too!

Janet - Implements do tend to keep us on our toes.
I like the picture too!

Hugs,
Hermione

Fabsterrant said...

Gosh do you still have heat during a power outage? I have a smoke alam that often compliments my cooking the same way. Its very sensitive even to just a little steam for crying out loud. Speaking of that bum warming could raiate a little heat.

PK said...

I know how you must feel hearing him rummaging through the drawer. We keep our implements in a locked briefcase and hearing the lock snap open gives me that zing!

But I'm glad you managed not to giggle until the next morning.

Hugs,
PK

Anonymous said...

Blargh, I know what you're talking about with that unearthly wail, it's horrible!! Amazing that you can keep a calm head and a sense of humor during a crisis situation (well, it wasn't technically a crisis, but that noise makes it count as one, I think). I know I certainly wouldn't have reacted that well if I'd woken up to that! Glad it all worked out =D

Maggie

Jean said...

What a night, I can imagine him going through the drawer trying to find flashlight

ronnie said...

Hermione, You were very good not to have laughted at the time, I know I would have but then again knowing the draw he was looking in held the implement, I might have had second thoughts.

LOL Paul's comment.

Have a good weekend.
Love.
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

The love/hate relationship with spanking is amazing. As much as you crave spankings, there are times where the opportunity exists and you fervently hope it will not happen. My reactions are very similar.
red

Hermione said...

Fab - No, the wouldn't have heat, but it would take a while for the house to cool down to uncomfortably frigid. You're right, a nice spanking to keep warm would do the trick!

PK - It's quite a turn-on. And giggling would have been disastrous!

Maggie - I'm quite used to wandering around in the middle of the night to see to the needs of the furry ones.

Jean - You know, I didn't realize there was one in there. I don't check the implement drawer much.

Ronnie - I know when to curb my impulses. He saw the funny side the next day.

Red - It's a peculiar dynamic, all right.

Hugs,
Hermione

Daisychain said...

Firstly, I loved the pic. Davey lives in a very remote area which also gets lots of power-outages, sometimes these can mess up our time together online, which sucks.
Those eyes look so like...no, better not say it, he'll KILL me!!!!
Secondly, on reading, I got this vivid pic of Ron turning on a "flashlight" and it buzzing instead of lighting up.... I would have been in uncontrollable hysterics, implements or not.....haha!
Thirdly, does'nt blogger have a weird sense of humour?
The word verification is coylly !!!

Daisychain said...

SOOO blown away by the word thingy, I forgot to type hugs n love to you, Hermione! sorry!!!xxxxxxxx

Hermione said...

Daisy - Oh, no, buzzing instead of light! That had me rolling on the floor laughing!

Hugs,
Hermione