Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Overheard in the Neighbourhood



Girl outside changing room: "How are those other pants working for you, Jen?"
Girl in changing room, frustrated: "I feel like the devil himself crafted them to make a mockery of my ass."




Girl on cellphone: "Did I tell you I sent my dominatrix pilot to my father and he writes back, 'so how did you do the research? It's all very accurate.'"




Male Advisor, speaking about a student: "You know, her lack of concern for this is really biting me in the ass now. I should have been more aware."
Female Advisor: "Well, we all should have paid more attention to her work."
Male Advisor: You know, that's a good point, because trust me. Your ass is not protected from biting!"



Photographer: "If you don't know someone who will f--- you with an octopus, do you know anyone who would flog you with one?"



Lecturer, about an advertisement: "A hug that lasts all day? What is that, like bondage?"




And finally, what do you suppose the chair was going to be used for?

Coworker: "I like the chair idea, otherwise I'm afraid someone will get hurt."


These gems are all courtesy of Overheard Everywhere.




From Hermione's Heart

6 comments:

Fabsterrant said...

Hi! You sweet dear person. My oldest son is home from Iraq and I want to thank you for all your support for all our troops all the time. You really set an example for me to follow in your consistant positive and patriotic mindset, even when its difficult. Your dedication to your blogs' humor is remarkable. Thank you for being who you are.

Hermione said...

Fab - I am so glad your son is home, safe and sound.

I do try to be cheerful and upbeat; it can't do any harm!

Hugs,
Hermione

Greenwoman said...

What fun quotes! You have the best posts...*smiles*

ronnie said...

Love the quotes Hermione, thanks for sharing.

Fabsterrant, I am very happy to read your son is home safe and sound.

Hermione, I still wear red on Friday.

Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

that marble statue is priceless, LMAO over here, or rather, "hear"

;)

Hermione said...

Greenwoman - these are so much fun to collect!

Ronnie - I'm glad you liked them. And I still wear red too.


List - Welcome! That picture was a pretty good find.

Hugs,
Hermione