Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who, Me?


Greenwoman wrote about snoring last year, and I was reminded of her post after a conversation my husband and I had over breakfast recently.

Ron was complaining about having had a disturbed night.


"You were snoring," he grumbled.


"Who, me? I don't snore," I assured him. "That was Crookshanks." Cats are handy things; you can blame almost anything on them.


"No, it was you," Ron continued. "And when I whacked you, you started to moan."


"Of course I moan when you whack me." Did I sleep through something interesting, like a spanking?


"Not there. I whacked your head."


My head? Now, why would he whack my head when there was a perfectly good bare bottom at his disposal?

From Hermione's Heart

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I don't snore either. lol. You're so charmingly down to earth. At a certain time in our lives we need all the restfull sleep we can get. Snoring is like a cheering section.

The Headmaster said...

Why, indeed!

Hermione said...

Fabsterrant - Welcome, and thank you for your kind words. Cheering section is a fine analogy.

Headmaster - He must have been too sleepy to notice it.

Hugs,
Hermione

Scunge said...

Yeah Sir says he doesn't snore either! Um yeah he does and I tell him every chance I get. Poke him carefully in his side,"hey you are not snoring again!" LOL

Scunge

PK said...

Hermione,
I don't snore OR talk in my sleep! And I have no idea why he whacked you in the head. Maybe his aim is off when he wakes up.

Hugs,
PK

dwcmike said...

I have been accused, by too many people who have had to share a room, that makes me believe i might snore ever so little. A spanking would have been much more appropriate. It might have progressed into making love, and then both of you falling asleep instantly. Thus, problem solved.
Mike

Lil Sam said...

Hermione, I don't believe you were snoring, we ladies don't snore (smile)

ronnie said...

Hi Hermione,
Ps told me I snore, me, no, your the one that does. No seriously you do snore he said and here's the proof as he turns on the recorder, ups red face.

We all do at some time, but no idea what the whack in the head.
Ronnie
xx

Hermione said...

Scunge - You could get into trouble with that poking :-)

PK - Yeah, it takes him a while to get oriented.

Mike - That's an excellent idea! Now why didn't I think of it?

lil sam - Exactly!

Ronnie - I would hate to have a tape recorder in our bedroom. As for why my head was the target, I think it was the only part of me in view.

Hugs,
Hermione

Terpsichore said...

Maybe next time he will find a better target :-)

Greenwoman said...

LOL! That's a great post. I totally agree with your logic about where to whack too. LOL!